Educate and Train Staff
Security training is crucial to ensuring that
all related parties understand the security risks,
and accept and adopt good security practices.
No protection procedure is effective without proper
execution by well-trained staff. You must ensure
that your staff possess the necessary skill sets.
- Get a good trainer. You may consider to find
an appropriate training institute or train
one of your staff to become the trainer.
- Different people, roles and posts require
different scopes, types and levels of training.
Plan for the different training needs of staff.
- Consider periodically using posters or issuing
reminders to your staff about the importance
of information security.
- Consider providing training under the following
- When a new employee joins your team,
he/she is informed about the security policies
of your company by briefing or orientation.
- Work to improve the security knowledge
of all staff.
- Refreshment training should be conducted
at least once a year.
Fundamental Information Security Training
The following topics are proposed: