Information Security in Electronic Services
What are Electronic Services?
Electronic Services (e-Service) are the attainment and delivery of services through electronic media. E-commerce is also put under this category. It means using electronic communications to transact, without face to face meeting between the two parties of the transaction. Activities taken place in e-Service include:
- registering for user identity, e.g. membership application
- updating user information, e.g. new address
- updating user status, e.g. credit card account balance
- submitting application, e.g. credit card, driving licence
- placing order / instruction, e.g. buying and selling of stocks and funds
- doing payment transaction, e.g. credit card payment
- searching for information, e.g. business matching
- exchanging information, e.g. chatroom
- receiving information and service, e.g. education program notes
- making enquiry, e.g. shipping schedule
- doing survey, etc...
Who are Involved?
- Individuals, including consumers and citizens
- Businesses, including public organisations
How are they Involved?