Do Not Let Thieves Steal Your Notebook
You have to protect your notebook computer from
stealing. If your notebook is lost, you will lose
those data that has not been backup. Your personal
data or information such as your name, bank account,
photos for family or friends and your own email
address lists will also be disclosed to unauthorised
persons or even be uploaded to the Internet.
You shall therefore:
- Always keep your notebook in a safe place
e.g. lock it in a cabinet when not in use.
- Use a computer locking cable to lock your
- Never leave your notebook unattended.
- If possible, install some motion sensors products
into your notebook. When the sensor is triggered,
it will emit a loud alarm.
- Regularly backup your data.
- Set a boot password to your notebook. Most
notebooks have the ability to set a password
so that an unauthorised person cannot start
- Do not store personal and sensitive information
in the notebook and in case you have to store
sensitive and personal information in the notebook,
consider using data encryption.